|2 months ago||Updated|
|July 14, 2022||Release date|
"Try before you buy" - Download the FREE App, which includes sample content. In-App purchase required to unlock all content.
New at ECG interpretation! No need to go it alone—keep the basic skills and concepts at your fingertips, with ECG Interpretation: An Incredibly Easy!® Pocket Guide.
Use this enjoyable reference for at-a-glance reviews of how to use and monitor ECG equipment, obtain and interpret rhythm strips, and accurately spot and treat arrhythmias. Full of helpful charts, illustrations, and easy-to-relate-to definitions, this is the perfect on-the-spot guide for students, new nurses, and all those looking for expert guidance on the job.
Increase on-the-job or classroom confidence with this must-have pocket guide, featuring:
* NEW and updated content in quick-read, bulleted format, with easy-to-remember guidance on topics including: o Identifying and interpreting atrial, junctional, ventricular, sinus node, and atrioventricular arrhythmias o ECG effects of electrolyte imbalances o ECG effects of antiarrhythmics o Basic and advanced electrocardiography, including equipment uses and components o Waveform types and components
* Dozens of photos, drawings, and diagrams clearly outline key concepts, including:
* 8-step method of ECG evaluation
* Identifying and monitoring disorders, rhythm disturbances, and electrolyte imbalances
* Placement of different types of leads
* Identifying and solving monitor problems
* Interventions – Administering nonpharmacologic and pharmacologic treatments for arrhythmias, including pacemakers, ICDs, and antiarrhythmics
* Memory jogger – Memory tricks that help you remember key concepts and treatments
* Through the ages – Identifies differences in ECG interpretation and pacemaker needs, according to the patient’s age
* Help desk – Explanations of monitoring equipment components and functions What causes it – Causes of different disorders, imbalances, and arrhythmias What to look for – Tips on identifying and interpreting arrhythmias how it’s treated – Steps to take for a variety of treatment “Nurse Joy” and “Nurse Jake” – Expert insights on ECG methods and problem-solving
* No internet connection is required to access the content after the initial download. Find information quickly using powerful SmartSearch technology. Search part of term for those hard-to-spell medical terms.
Includes guides and tests:
* The Test Zone – Practice Q&A
* Quick guide to arrhythmias
* ACLS algorithms: The Pulseless Arrest, Tachycardia, and Bradycardia
* Guide to antiarrhythmic drugs
* Guide to choosing monitoring leads
ISBN 10: 1496352165
ISBN 13: 9781496352163
Please purchase a yearly auto-renewing subscription to receive content access and available updates.
Yearly auto-renewing payments- $29.99
Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Subscription may be managed by the user and auto-renewal can be disabled at any time by going to your device “Settings” and tapping “iTunes & App Store”. Any unused portion of a free trial period will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription, where applicable.
If you have any questions or comments, email us any time: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 508-299-3000
Terms and Conditions - https://www.skyscape.com/terms-of-service/licenseagreement.aspx
Author(s): Jessica Shank Coviello, DNP, APM, ANP-BC
Publisher: Wolters Kluwer Health | Lippincott Williams & Wilkins